LMFAO Please Stop Making “I’m in Miami Trick” Versions

lmfao

I have to get something off my chest.  It’s been bothering me for the past few months and I’ve been meaning to write about it, but hadn’t made the time.  Better now than never.  So here it goes…

LMFAO (the band) please stop making alternate versions to your song “I’m in Miami Trick.”

I don’t know if you guys know LMFAO, but they have this super annoying song that’s played a billion times on the radio called “I’m in Miami Bitch” or the more radio appropriate version “I’m in Miami Trick.”  I’ve embedded the song and video below for your listening “enjoyment.”

To be honest I kinda liked the song the first time they played it, but in typical commercialized brainwashing fashion they kept playing it until my ears bled.  That was already painful enough, but nothing out of the ordinary, however things got worse.  One day while listening to the radio I hear…

blah blah blah … I’m in LA trick!

At first I thought I was listening to a different song because I could have sworn they normally say “I’m in Miami Trick.” But the DJ said it was LMFAO.   Fair enough so there’s 2 different versions of this song. A few weeks later I was driving around San Francisco and heard this on the radio…

blah blah blah…I’m in The Bay trick!

WTF?  There 3 versions of this song now?  The worst part is that’s it’s not even brand new lyrics talking about “the Bay” or whatever city they are singing about.  It’s just them replacing one city name with another city name and then adding “trick” after it.   Either way my hatred for the song and the band is steadily increasing (not yet at Twitter hate levels).

A few weeks later my girlfriend comes back from Denver, Colorado, and says “you’ll never guess what I heard in Denver…”   Please don’t tell me–

blah blah blah…I’m in Denver trick!

That’s right, Denver now has it’s own LMFAO “Trick” song.  This was the straw that broke my back.  Just how much more pandering to the audience and selling out can LMFAO do?  Just how many versions of their crappy song “I’m in Miami Trick” are there?  Wikipedia provided me the answers.

There are at least 59 versions of “I’m in [FILL IN THE BLANK WITH WHATEVER] Trick!”

Yes 59 versions of their song.  I won’t list them all here, but that’s a lot of “tricks.”  Among the more notable “Tricks” include:

• “I’m in New Bedford Trick” (New Bedford, MA, I had to look that up)
  • “I’m in the Burgh Trick” (Pittsburgh)
  • “I’m in Fort Wayne Trick” (Fort Wayne, IN)
  • “I’m in Winnipeg Trick” (Winnipeg, Canada)
  • “I’m in the IE Trick” (I thought Internet Explorer, but Inland Empire CA)
  • “I’m in Canada Trick” (for stations in rural Canada)

Before I thought the formula for a LMFAO song was [Any American City] + Trick.  However, from the list of 59 versions apparently you can just choose any geographic location.  It can be a city anywhere in the world, a region, a country, etc…  What is somewhat amusing is how LMFAO got lazy with Canada.  Rather than go through and “create” alternate versions for many of the cities in Canada (besides the major ones) they just decided to do a blanket Canadian version “I’m in Canada Trick.”  Geez, LMFAO, if you are going to do something do it all the way!

Why stop at geographic locations?  Why not take your hit making formula and just  incorporate any nouns that make somewhat sense?  This way you can target and market your talent to those people…  Here are some suggestions to help you increase your sales revenue:

• “I’m in Foreclosure Trick!”
  • “I’m without Insurance Trick!”
  • “I’m in Pre-School Trick”
  • “I’m in Detention Trick”
  • “I’m in Jail Trick”
  • “I’m in Denial Trick”
  • “I’m in My Car Trick”

I can’t stop myself from coming up with more LMFAO hits.  I should be a song writer.

Anyway, there has to be some record in the Guinness Book of World Records for most versions of a crappy song done by the same artist.  At 59 versions LMFAO would definitely be the front runner.  Not even Petey Pablo and his song “Raise Up” did he decide to sell out and do separate versions for each major city instead he just did:

a remix called “Raise Up [All Cities remix]” which is similar to the original, starting off with North Carolina, except that he shouts out other cities, states or regions in this order: South Carolina, Atlanta, Virginia, New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas and San Francisco Bay Area.

Luckily not every music artist goes to the darkside like LMFAO and creates a cookie cutter song.  I mean can you imagine if John Denver had gone to LMFAO for guidance on his song “Take Me Home, Country Roads”?  The chorus might have been:

“Take me home, country roads, to the place I belong…East Calcutta, Mountain Mama…”

So I make my final plea LMFAO…please stop…please!!

Comments 20

1. Justin wrote:

Yeah… I live in Denver.. and when I realized how many other versions of this song were out there… this really annoyed the piss out of me as well. Even then, I didnt realize there are 59-plus versions!!! Wow. That’s a very level of high selling-out.

Nonetheless… it’s hard not to admit I like the Denver version the best. I know its sad.

Posted 04 Sep 2009 at 5:09 pm
  2. ben wrote:

Yeah, that’s why these guys are geniuses when it comes to this song…cause they know if they make a version for each of these cities people all think the song is about them…when in fact I highly doubt there are many “polka dot bikinis” in Denver…

Posted 08 Sep 2009 at 1:58 am
  3. Elias Martinez wrote:

Here is an even better idea to the song writing. I don’t mean to knock on you song writing skills or anything but here it goes… How about they do a song that only has their great equation. Ex.. I’m in miami trick, I’m up in Denver trick, I’m in L.A trick, and so on with the rest of the 59 versions. I bet the song could be decently long. I say about 2 min long. Oh and we can include your ideas in there as well, to make the song longer.

Posted 16 Sep 2009 at 5:54 am
  4. ben wrote:

@Elias, that might just work…it would be the ultimate “on-location” song. They could even more money. Everyone would just listen to the song to hear their city, state, or country they live in.

Posted 16 Sep 2009 at 6:15 pm
  5. Godwell wrote:

I have an even better idea! Why don’t these two idiots take a sawed off shotgun, go in the bathroom, jerk each other off then kill themselves so that MTV can stop turning these 2 idiots into icons.

MTV=IRRELEVANT.

Posted 10 Oct 2009 at 9:58 am
  6. ben wrote:

Haha, godwell, i just pooped my pants form reading your comment. I like how they have to jerk each other off before they kill themselves…that’s a nice touch!

Posted 12 Oct 2009 at 3:27 pm
  7. Deckmaster wrote:

I first heard this song as “I’m in Detroit, Trick,” and I thought it was the only version of the song until I saw a commercial for CSI Miami reruns that used the original version. I thought it was odd that a song about Detroit was talking about beaches and a girl in a polka dot bikini.

One caveat: In the Detroit version, they repeat “Berry Gordy” at certain points so that’s what tricked me.

Posted 27 Oct 2009 at 10:45 am
  8. ben wrote:

Yup, Deckmaster, it is pretty strange how the lyrics just don’t make sense…but i guess each city feels “special” since they think this song is just about them…however, we now know that this isn’t the case.

Posted 02 Nov 2009 at 5:39 pm
  9. Amber wrote:

You guys are the dopist ever F*c* the haters you do what you do cuz it makes alot pof eople happy!!!! Love peace and nappiness!!!

Posted 10 Dec 2009 at 4:32 pm
  10. ben wrote:

@amber I’m not sure really what to make of your comment. But I agree about love and peace…not sure about nappiness…

Posted 10 Dec 2009 at 4:48 pm
  11. NewBs Finest wrote:

Yeah this song is pretty garbage I’m from New Bedford, MA and I could of sworn I heard him saying “I’m in new bedford trick” so I decided to look it up! And found out there is many of them but honestly….. I can say that everytime I hear this song I feel homicidal lol I have never in my life heard such a corny song like this that I hate so much!!! Agreed?

Posted 11 Feb 2010 at 1:24 am
  12. Kellie wrote:

Thank you! So true.
    [I was laughing so hard at Starbucks people were starting to stare.]

Posted 17 Feb 2010 at 4:05 pm
  13. ben wrote:

@NewBs FinestI know that homicidal feeling well…it’s funny though sometimes I hate a song so much that I’ll listen to it on purpose just to make my own blood boil. I guess I’m sadistic like that…

Posted 17 Feb 2010 at 5:35 pm
  14. DragonFly wrote:

I live in Russia and hate this stupid song “I’m in Miami trick”. It’s playing on the radio again and again. The thing that I want to do is go to Los Angeles, California (“that consists of DJ/rappers Redfoo (Stefan Gordy) and Sky Blu (Skyler Gordy)”) and make them suffer.

Posted 28 Jul 2010 at 6:03 pm
  15. ben wrote:

@DragonFly, on behalf of the entire United States I apologize for LMFAO. I can’t believe their music has made it all the way to your country…

Posted 29 Jul 2010 at 1:34 am
  16. will wrote:

one year later.. lol
    I suppose the reason there are so many versions is because they cahnge it when they go on tour to their current location, which makes alot of sense and is done to some degree by all artists

To your first point, its just LMFAO that had a song play on the radio 50 billion times, its everysingle catchy song to play on the radio ever. This is also the exact reason I now refuse to listen to any radio station other than the occasional news/documentaries. If your half as fed up with radio station’s spammage of songs, then I strongly recommend you find your own songs and get an mp3 player. If you dont have a headphone jack in your car, then do what I do, and just burn a bunch of CDs.

On the other hand, if you’re incapable of discovering songs on your own in the technological age, and enjoy listening to a selection of 14 songs played over and over for about 6 months, then please feel free to continue listening to your local commercial radio station

Posted 30 Apr 2011 at 11:14 pm
  17. JULIE RICHMOND wrote:

HI THERE I LOVE LMFAO HE OS SO AMAZING

Posted 11 May 2011 at 10:36 am
  18. JULIE RICHMOND wrote:

LOVE LMFAOX X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Posted 11 May 2011 at 10:38 am
  19. Ivy =3 wrote:

Omg you’r prob. just jelo or somthing Btw thanx for the rude comments about canada (we are not lazy! >:I) I live in Canada in Winnipeg manitoba jeez jelo much? I love LMFAO i like RedFoo the best not really SkyBlue…I like teh way afroz look. ;) Okaii well thtz all I love LMFAO! Thanx please Comment my comment XD!

Posted 08 Feb 2012 at 9:29 pm
  20. ben wrote:

@ivy the “lazy” comments were directed at LMFAO and not Canada. Canada is filled with hard working individuals!

Posted 30 Apr 2012 at 4:42 pm